Thursday, April 28, 2016

Put A Bow On It

April_PVTG_1 April_PVTG_2 April_PVTG_3 April_PVTG_4 April_PVTG_5 April_PVTG_6 April_PVTG_7
Vintage Top via Laced with Romance, Vintage Skirt via Pre to Post Modern, Chinese Laundry Platforms, Earrings via Maya Star

Photos by Chelsea Laine Francis

This is what I wore to the Pieceology Vintage pop-up at Byron & Blue in East Austin this past Saturday. I was going for a 1970s boss babe look and I have to say, I think I nailed it. If I were alive back in the 70s I'd have definitely been kicking butt and taking names in this outfit.

As much as I love this look, can you believe I almost didn't even buy the top? I wasn't sure if I'd really be able to pair it with anything, but I took the chance because of how well it fit me and I'm SO glad I did. I've actually already styled it several different ways like with this denim skirt and also with a pair of cropped jeans and some wide-legged floral pants. I love the late 60s, early 70s sort of iconic collar, and of course the bow tie which was the biggest selling point for me. And how could I not pair it with these 70s inspired platform wedges? The perfect combo IMO and although the top + skirt + platforms combo is fantastic, it's also a bit... neutral, so I went out and bought these bright pink tassel earrings to give the look a fun pop of color. I'm so happy with the way it turned out and the pop-up was a lot of fun, too + I was super grateful Chelsea came out and captured all the excitement. What better way to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon in Austin, TX?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-43004570-1