Thursday, July 19, 2012

I'm gettin' weird y'all...


Hi! Sorry I've been away so much. I've been traveling in Texas the past month as you may know from previous post mentions. I've been going to Austin a lot lately. A little (errr, maybe more then a little) for fun, a little for work, and a LOTTA for planning. That's right! I can official announce, because it really is FINALLY official: I will be packing my bags and moving my little booty from Louisiana back to Texas! The capital city, to be specific. I am overjoyed about this new chapter in my life, and can't wait to get to the big city of all things food, music, and local weirdness :) Here are a few recommendations and places I'll be frequenting when I get to Austin:

Taverna in Downtown Austin. $1.00 Mimosas & Bellinis during Brunch (Saturdays & Sundays) ... Yes, please!

Hey Cupcake On S. Congress. Best cupcakes I've ever had. Special flavor this month: Cherry subLIME!


Feathers Boutique off S. Congress. Great vintage and great prices. I just bought a vintage Coach bag there that literally looks brand new and was only $60... I couldn't believe how well-kept everything in the shop was!


Also on S. Congress. Everything made fresh in house... Perfect lunch spot + stays open LATE, so it's the perfect spot for after a long night out on the town :)


Barton Springs fresh water pool. Great for lounging and picnicking! The water there is GORGEOUS.


Right off Rainey Street. Great Indian food. BYOB, which is super cool. All outside seating, and they serve you your food straight out of their food truck! There's a garage in front... get it? 'G'raj' Mahal, haha.


Rainey Street. After dinner at G'raj, walk to Rainey. One long street sprinkled with old refurbished homes that have been turned into bars! How cool it that?! Really western, old world feel to the decor. Lustre Pearl, Bar 96, Black Heart, and Icenhauer are all a lot of fun.

Hope you enjoyed my selections. Let me know if you check any of them out! So excited for my move. What a great city!!
bloglovin

*all photos via Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-43004570-1