Wednesday, September 11, 2013

10 Things You May Not Know About Me (In Detail)

Eye Glasses- Bonlook 'Marlowe Crystal' // Top- H&M (old, but similar)

I've been going back and forth with myself for a long time about how I could open up more on my blog. So here we have another step toward that goal. I thought I'd put together a list of some more personal things about myself, so you can get to know me a little bit better. I think it's about time. I've been running this blog off and on for over a year and a half now! And P.S. I had this post set up for Monday and I chickened out, so it obviously makes me a little uneasy to press publish on personal posts, but I'm working on getting better, I swear.

Disclaimer: I'm not going all deep here and revealing my darkest secrets and desires. Because you know, I don't have any of those... (cough, cough). Just some things that people in my life know about me that my readers probably don't. So here goes:

1. Being 25 and single is weird, y'all. I contemplate my life way too much. I think that's part of being in your mid-20s though. I'm constantly thinking, "Shit, I've been out of college for almost 3 years now. What the hell am I doing?" I could talk about this one all day... I've got a whole post coming soon. You know you're excited all you other 20 something single gals. We gotta stick together to get through this shit!

2. I wanna be a shop girl. My dream is to one day open my own clothing brick and mortar. Although I've never worked in retail... Which I probably should before I decide to really do this, although I probably won't. Either way, it's my dream and I'm going to do it regardless. K, cool. Glad we cleared that up.

3. I've lived in Austin for 1 year now and I can honestly say it's the best decision I've ever made. The friends I have here are the best and I don't know what I did without them for so many years. They've saved me!

4. I work from home and I really like it that way. I'm part introvert, so having time to myself is necessary. But, trust me, once the work day is over my extroverted side comes out and when everyone else just wants to chill out after they get off I'm ready to hit the town! Luckily my roommate is awesome and will hang out with me if no one else will :) Well, usually. Sometimes I know she just wants me to shut the eff up.

5. I hate grocery shopping and I'm not domestic at all. I like watching other people cook, but it's just not my thing. I am a clean freak though, even though I hate cleaning. Does that even make sense? I'm not OCD or anything, but I definitely have those tendencies. I can't let dishes sit in the sink. It drives me nuts. Everything has to be in its place.

6. If I could I would live in a hotel. Hence my above statement about not being domestic... Having room service so I don't have to cook, having a maid service to clean for me, and not have to spend money on furniture sounds like the greatest thing on the planet. Again, I'm SO not domestic.

7. I'm not an animal lover and I'm also not a huge fan of kids. This might startle some of you and sorry if you don't get it, but if you knew me in "real life" this is something you would definitely be aware of, so I wanted to share it. After all, that is the whole point of this post, right? Most of my friends and family think it's weird, but I've always been this way. The responsibility of both terrifies me. Everyone says I'll change my mind about the kids thing one day. I guess we'll have to wait and see about that... "One day."

8. I love me a good ole glass of red (or white) wine and I do go out a lot. It's part of who I am right now. I like being social and meeting new people. And my friends are really fun, so we do fun things. It definitely has to do with the fact that I am single and live Austin. It's a very "young" city. That's just part of the lifestyle people live here. And at this point in my life, that's a big part of why I love Austin. There is so much to do and everyone is kind of in the same boat. The city itself is like one big support system for me!

9. I'm 4'11. I know I always say on this blog that I'm very short, but I don't think I've actually ever said just HOW short I really am. So there it is. Really, really short. Like I could legally qualify for a handicap sign in my car short.

10. I'm not religious. My family is Catholic but I don't practice or go to church. The last time I went was for a wedding, and the time before that, and before that too... You get my point. I'd say I'm spiritual, but I don't practice any form of that either, unless you consider going to yoga a few times a month as spiritual. I would like to become more in touch with my spirituality though. That's something on my long list of things I'd like to work on to better myself. Which is also for a totally different post. 

Ok I'm done... Now that I've probably completely bored you to death. But, I hope you can relate to some of this :) Just wanted to give you guys a little glimpse into the "real" me, according to me. Anything else you want to know or talk about just leave a comment below or email me and I'd be happy to answer!

So, anyway, enough of all this serious talk. Let's go get a drink!

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. im shocked that youre 4'11...you dont look it at all!!!

    ReplyDelete

UA-43004570-1