Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Featured: 10 Trends in Dresses for S/S '12 (Part 1)

I was talking with my mom yesterday and she posed a good question. "Where can I find cute summery dresses online at a decent price?" she asked. And I found myself a little stumped. I thought, this is something I should know... So, today I did the research. I was pretty sure I knew what sites to look to, but wasn't sure I would find anything affordable+cute. But, my instincts were right. I discovered some pretty fun dresses to add to my ever-growing wish list :) Here are 5 of 10 trends I've been seeing around the net for Spring/Summer 2012--in the form of the dress. Check back tomorrow for my other 5 picks!


MINT GREEN - This pastel shade has been showing up everywhere lately. And this dress from Urban Outfitters [HERE] is a great staple to add to you wardrobe if you are a fan of this pretty hue. I love the crocheted top and am a sucker for zipper-backed dresses! They give any dress a little edge, which is always nice.


PETER PAN COLLARS - I love this trend. I think it's so feminine and sweet. This dress from Zara [HERE] would look great layered underneath a light sweater with the collar peeping out for spring, or simply as is for those hot summer months with a cute flat or wedge.



NAVAJO PRINTS - This dress is from Mod Cloth [HERE] which has so many cute dresses at affordable prices. A lot of people call this a southwestern print, or even an Arizona-style print, as mentioned in the description on Mod Cloth. If you don't have some navajo/southwestern/Arizona/whatever love in your closet, get it! It's perfect for the upcoming festival season.



CHEETAH PRINT - Yes, I am obsessed with cheetah (or leopard) print as you can see from my last outfit post [HERE]. I get it from my mom. This lovely is from Nasty Gal, [HERE] which is a site I've just recently discovered since I started blogging. The name is just to fun. The dress has really cute detailing, like the buttons down the from. You could even pair it with a fun belt to give it a personal touch.



NEONS - This dress is from ASOS [HERE], a site with amazing amounts of variety! I love the drop waist and low cut of the dress, which can be really flattering on lots of body types. And, while I'm not one for neon's, (I'm more of a neutral/black type of girl) I think yellow is a great route to go if you want to try out this trend. It's normal enough, but at the same time, I think, can be considered neon. It's a win-win for all of use in the "plain-color-palette" club.

Ok loves, see ya tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-43004570-1