Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Featured: 10 Trends in Dresses for S/S ’12 (Part 2)

Hi friends! I'm back, as promised, with Part 2 of 10 trends in affordable dresses for S/S '12. Here are my final 5 picks. Hope you in enjoy them and thanks for looking :)

BOWS - Ok, so this Trina Turk yellow bow dress via Piperlime [HERE] isn't exactly affordable... but, I saw it the other day and just had to include it. I mean, look at it, how could I not?? I love this dress. Perfect for work or a spring/summer outdoor wedding. The little gold button fasteners in the back are my fav detail (besides that adorable bow, of course).


LACE - If I had to pick one trend I think will be most prominent in the coming months, lace would have to be my choice. IT'S EVERYWHERE. This dress from Urban Outfitters [HERE] comes in a lot more colors than just the 2 seen above. What I love about lace is that it can transition so easily from day to night without really even having to add or change anything about your outfit. Sweet enough for daytime and sassy enough for going out at night ;)


MIDI/MAXI DRESSES - The reason I have Midi/Maxi here, even though this Tulle pleated dress via Piperlime [HERE] is described as a Midi on the site, is not only because both styles are big trends this year, but also because, for shorties like myself, this dress would be a maxi on us, haha! This dress reminds me of Disco Barbie. It can be dressed down during the day with a gold sandal and dressed up at night with a statement necklace or earrings with a wrist full of sparkling arm candy. LOVE.


PEPLUM - YAY! I'm so happy about this trend, because I have a Peplum-waisted skirt that I bought about 3 years ago that I never wore and it still has the tag on it, and before I could find time to wear it the trend kinda went "out". This dress is from Mod Cloth [HERE] and although it may seem to fancy for daytime, the eyelet pattern saves it when paired with some cute espadrilles.


FLORAL - By far my favorite trend that I hope NEVER, EVER goes away. My closet and dresser drawers have been full of flowers for years. I like the pleats in this floral printed dress by Ya Los Angeles via Piperlime [HERE]. This is another good day-to-night dress depending on shoes, or you could replace the sash with a cool braided belt to make it a little more funky... CHECK OUT Piperlime. 3 of my picks are from there. They have great stuff, especially shoes :)

So there you have it. My top 10 trends for S/S '12. I've already purchased some lace, mint green, navajo, cheetah and of course floral. I'm slowly on my way to chicness for the upcoming seasons! What about you, have you stocked up on any of these trends yet? OH, and by the way, today is the first day of Spring :) So, Happy Spring my fashionable friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-43004570-1