Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Fourth of July Apple Pie


Hi friends! I hope your Fourth of July was great! Even though I'm a day late with this it's technically the Fourth of July holiday all weekend, right?! Here's a little recipe for ya... which I've never done on the blog before. I don't do much cooking or baking, but my roommate made this apple pie for our pre-Fourth party we had a couple nights ago and so I wanted to share it with you. If you're having a Fourth party over the weekend this is such a great dessert your guests will love. I know ours did. And trust me, the cheese might seem a little odd, but it really is SO yummy! Happy holiday weekend everyone!

Ingredients
2/3 c. sugar
2 tbsp flour
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
6 to 8 tart apples, pared, cored, and sliced (6 cups)
1 9 in. unbaked pastry shell
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter
6 thin slices smoked cheddar

Directions
Combine first 3 ingredients; stir into apples. Line cheese onto pastry shell; add apple mixture on top of cheese. Combine remaining flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 400 for 45 to 50 minutes or until done. If pie browns too quickly, cover egde with foil.


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

UA-43004570-1