Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Instagrammin' in Marfa, Tx

The famous Prada Marfa. Permanent sculpture about 30 miles outside of Marfa. One of the most bizarre/coolest pieces of art I've ever seen. 

Of course we brought giant marshmallows to make s'mores. 

Stopped in Ozona on the way. The sky was so beautiful in West Texas.

The cute airstream trailer I stayed in all weekend at El Cosmico. The Little Pinky. I highly recommend staying at this site. They also have teepees you can rent!

 Went on a tour at the Donald Judd Chinati Foundation. It was incredible. This was just one collection of many that we got to see. A Dan Flavin large-scale work using fluorescent light.

Playboy Marfa. This was only put up a month or so ago and I'm really glad we got to see it. We heard it's being taken down in about a month because the artist and Playboy didn't get a permit to place it there. 

Planet Marfa. One of the coolest bars I've ever been to. There was a teepee and a school bus in the courtyard.

We made one last stop on the way back to Austin at Balmorhea State Park to take a dip in the park's huge fresh water pool overlooking the mountains. So gorgeous.

This past weekend I took a little road trip to Marfa, Tx with some of my best friends. It's one of the coolest places I think I've ever been. And it was one of the best trips I've ever been on. We had an amazing time! I highly recommend visiting. I can't wait to go back! Stay tuned for more photos from Marfa later this week :)

All images via @pieceology

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

UA-43004570-1