Friday, November 29, 2013

Watch. Listen. Read. Shop.


Happy Friday! Here are some links you might like to check out over this holiday weekend...

Watch. This documentary about musician/artist, Daniel Johnston, who became a local celebrity around Austin back in the 1980s. The film specifically focuses on his battle with a severe mental disability and how it deeply affects not only him, but his family, friends and his career. It's a bit painful to watch, but you'll be glad you did if you have any interest at all in music or psychology. View the full-length film here.

Listen. I found out about the aforementioned documentary while listening to this wonderfully witty weekly podcast my blogger buddy Nicole and her boyfriend just recently started. This couple of course has great chemistry and they touch on everything from women's rights, to sports, to Justin Beiber. They're really just too cute. And anyway, who doesn't love Breakfast For Dinner?! Take a listen here.

Read. OK, so I'm not really a big reader. I used to be when I was younger, but am definitely a victim of the Internet and I, albeit shamefully, admit that I'd rather surf the web than pick up a book. Trust me, I'm trying to get back into reading, but for now check out this hilarious list of why our love Ryan Gosling makes us want to be someone else all the time sometimes. Oh, swoon.

Shop. This week I've got two fun shopping ventures for you. May as well with Black Friday today and Cyber Monday coming up in a couple days. This sweater-cardi from Forever 21 looks like the coziest thing I've ever seen and this black and gold accessories collection from Target looks much more expensive then the price tags would lead us to believe. Winner, winner, turkey dinner!

I know, I know. Thanksgiving was yesterday, but you all know you'll be eating the leftovers for the next week. Or at least that's my plan...

Happy weekend loves!

FIND ME - Bloglovin / Instagram / Twitter / Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the shout out, girl! dago is stoked that you liked the documentary...and generally that other people know who daniel johnston is. i'm in love with that little black backpack.

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete

UA-43004570-1