Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May

Girl_Bike_1 Girl_Bike_2 Girl_Bike_3 Girl_Bike_4 Girl_Bike_5 Girl_Bike_6 Girl_Bike_7 Girl_Bike_8
Top via Local Honey, Pants via Pieceology Vintage, Zara Sandals, Belt via Charm School Vintage, Ray-Ban Sunglasses

Photos by Chelsea Laine Francis

Hello there! Happy May! It's hard to believe we are getting pretty close to being half way through 2016... and what a year it's been so far. I don't have any small goals set for May and come to think of it, I didn't have any for April either. Not my standard five monthly goals I usually share on this blog anyway... But I do have a little update for y'all!
 
Back in January before my dad was hospitalized I had all of these ideas, all of these things I wanted to accomplish this year and I'm not here to tell you that all of that has changed because it hasn't. I'm still working toward a lot of the goals I've set for myself this year. There are just a lot of new, unexpected things now that have been added. I've been editing and reevaluating what's priority and what isn't because I very simply have to. I realized not too long after my dad passed that I couldn't do everything anymore. It was too much, and to be honest, I felt kind of like a failure for not being able to juggle it all. But I've slowly let that go and accepted that it's perfectly OK that I can't. Then, a few weeks ago I made a decision to take a leave of absence from my 9-5 job to focus on taking care of my dad's estate. Although it was a very tough decisions, because like I said I really wanted to be able to do it all, I'm so glad that I made it. My stress levels have gone down significantly and I feel like I can breath just a little bit better.

For the next six weeks I'll be sorting things out the best I can while I have a little extra time. I'm so grateful that I could even do this because I know a lot of people can't. I have a plan put together, which consists of things like lots of meetings, lots of long phone calls, deciding what to do with my dad's homes, traveling back and forth from Austin to New Orleans, etc, etc. But, I also want to take some time to just be and try not worry about anything at all. Watch Netflix, lay in bed, read, rest, get a massage! Although the majority of this "break" will be spent making really hard decisions and continuing to confront a lot of grief and sadness, I also hope to give myself a little extra grace. Wish me luck.

P.S. This post had nothing to do with my outfit, but it's a great example of what not to wear while riding a bicycle. Or maybe it's exactly what you should wear. I'll let you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-43004570-1