Friday, August 9, 2013

Multiple Hair Color Disorder

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Happy Friday, y'all! Somehow this week flew past me. I thought today was Wednesday...

But, before I start my weekend I have a hair appointment today (and I have to work to, but no one wants to here about that). Lately, as in the last year lately, I've been in the mood to change up my hair A LOT. This is big for me because pretty much all through college I kept the same blonde hair color. I did have Multiple Haircut Disorder but the color stayed pretty consistent.

This past year something came over me. I went from my "college" blonde that I had for over 5 years, to a very light ombre, to a little bit darker ombre (both from light brown down to blonde tips), then to a pretty freakin' dark version. In true blonde-at-heart fashion I got a little freaked out after I saw these photos and decided to go back to the old blonde. And slowly have gone blonder and blonder AND blonder since. Sorry if you've seen me recently and don't recognize me. I have a disease, I can't help it.

I still can't decide what I want to do when I go to my appointment. I really, really want to do something very drastic (of course) like the photos above, somewhat of a white blonde I think is what it's called. But I have a few concerns:

1. Will it be too drastic?
2. Will it be a ton of work to keep up with since my hair is naturally a little on the dirty blonde/light brown side? This is a rhetorical question. Yes, it would be a lot of work to keep up. I know, I know.
3. Will it look terrible on me?

So, I think I'm going to wing it and show my wonderful, amazing, way cooler than me hairstylist, Alice, this very blog post and see what she thinks. She really is one of the coolest people I know so I will basically do whatever she tells me to do. Although she'd never tell me what to do. She's also the nicest person EVER.

What do you think? Should I do it? Go bold for the white blonde? Any advice is more than welcome. And I need it before 5 PM today when my appointment is, mmk. I'm sure you have better things to do than contemplate my hair woes, but come one, help a sista out. I'll give you a present. I don't know what yet, but it'll be something you've always wanted. Thanks!

P.S. I WILL NOT be doing the blunt cut like in some of the photos above, even though it's super adorable. I thought about it briefly and started to have a mini-panic attack, so I took that as a sign.  

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

UA-43004570-1