Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Favorite Albums of 2014


The other day I did a little reflection about my year as a whole. But, another big part of my year was live music. I went to NINE festivals- SXSW, Jazz Fest, Psych Fest, Free Press Summer Fest, X Games, Float Fest, Utopia Fest, ACL, and Fun Fun Fun Fest (all but one were in Texas) and I'm not sure how many regular live shows (at least 15). It was by far my biggest year of music yet. It was fantastic.

These are my favorite albums that came out this year in no particular order. I was fortunate enough to see 7 out of the 10 live. Pretty awesome and I'm so thankful to live in a city that offers so much great live music every single day. Check out my list and I also put a playlist together with my favorite songs from each album. Oh, and Happy New Year's Eve! I'll talk to ya next year.

1. Odesza* - In Return
2. Sylvan Esso* - Sylvan Esso
3. Glass Animals* - Zaba
4. Ages and Ages - Divisionary
5. Caribou - Our Love
6. alt-J* - This Is All Yours
7. First Aid Kit* - Stay Gold
8. Stars - No One Is Lost
9. Spoon* - They Want My Soul
10. Temples* - Sun Structures

*saw live performance



No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-43004570-1