Monday, April 6, 2015

Birthday Weekend Recap


Before I recap the weekend I just wanted to say thank you for all the kind words I received about my post on Friday. It means a lot to me. I've always been afraid of sharing too much here, but I also want to be honest so I'm trying to accept and embrace vulnerability which is something I've never been good at doing. Have you seen Brené Brown's TED Talk about it? If not, I highly recommend it. Then watch this one about shame. These talks have helped me so much this year. I've watched them over and over and over.

So, what did I do this weekend for my birthday? A lot actually and I loved every bit of it. Here are some of the highlights:

- Friday: I got a Hey Cupcake delivery and then a flower delivery and then a cake pop delivery while I was working. So many treats. It made my heart so happy. I have some really sweet people in my life. After work I went to dinner at Hudson's on the Bend with my boyfriend. The food was delicious and of course there was lots of wine. Then we went to the Alamo Drafthouse to see Fast & Furious 7 which was so good as usual and such a tearjerker at the end... OK, maybe not a tearjerker for me. I was straight up crying. I've always been a big Paul Walker fan.

- Saturday: Me and all my wonderful friends went out to Jester King Brewery for beers and pizzas and chats. One of my friends even drew me a cake on my pizza box (see above photo). It was so great spending time with all my favorite people. I love my friends. Then, the bf and I went to see Dave Chappelle at ACL Live. That man is such a great comedian. Bravo. Afterward, we went out to East Side Showroom for a nightcap with more frands. I feel like I can say nightcap with such confidence now that I'm an old 27 year old lady ;) Side note- If you're ever in Austin and enjoy specialty cocktails East Side Showroom is where it's at. Order a Gilmore, it's my favorite drink. Ever.

- Sunday: I got up early and headed out to the Botanical Gardens to shoot some outfits with my girl Chelsea. It was pretty rainy but Chelsea was such a sport and powered through with me. The gardens were actually super whimsical in the rain. Yay for outfit posts coming soon. Then I topped off the weekend by watching the premiere of the second half of Season 7 of Mad Men. I love that show. Anyone a fan? What did you think of the episode? How sad are you that it's ending?? :(

Pretty stellar weekend. I'm so grateful for everyone that made it such a special birthday. Thank you! How was your weekend? Also, here's a little happy dance tune for ya to start off your week- The Heat by Jungle. I'll be seeing them this Thursday. Ready to boogie. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-43004570-1