Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Chillin' at the Austin Motel

Urban Outfitters Tunic, Boots via Charm School Vintage, Ray-Ban Sunglasses, Necklaces via Ornamental Things

Soooo, I'm still out of town. Feels like it's been forever. This week it's Denver for work and looking at these photos makes me miss Austin! These were taken a while back at the Austin Motel on South Congress. It's a pretty well-known hotel so I was really excited to shoot these photos right near the iconic signage. So needless to say, I'm happy to be heading home in a few days to enjoy my city again. Don't get me wrong I love to travel. Getting out of my daily routine from time to time keeps me sane. It's just nice to take a break from real life. I know when I get back to ATX I'll feel so re-energized. You know you're doing something right when we are excited to get home after a really amazing trip!

Anyway, let's talk about clothes for a sec. This outfit is perfect festival attire IMO and with the season in full swing I'll probably be wearing this one a good bit*. Breathable fabric to stay as cool as I can in the heat, comfy boots that will protect my feet from dirt/mud/grim, a good pair of sunglasses to shield my eyes from the sun, and a light backpack to store all my things! I'm obsessed with mini backpacks. They are so cute and convenient for not only outdoor activities but also just everyday wear. Hands free is where it's at, y'all.

I'll be giving you a travel update later this week so stay tuned for that.

*Honestly, I've already worn this outfit a few times including to a musical festival in San Antonio last month.

Photos by Whitney Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-43004570-1