Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sites of Santorini: My Recommendations

Photos by me

I'm sure at this point you're probably like "OK, I get it. You went to Santorini and it was just FAhhhhBULOUS. But like can we move on now, please?" Yes, yes we can folks. After this one last post. I promise. I just have so many beautiful photos I wanted to share and besides the shots I also wanted to give a few recommendations for things to do and see on this beautiful island. 

Food.
We were recommended Prince by a local on Kamari Beach and it did not disappoint. Treat yo self to a delicious chocolate covered waffle with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Elia on Kamari Beach was by far my favorite restaurant we went to during the trip. It's a bit more pricey but worth it if you are interested in a nice dinner. The mussels and apple pie were fantastic. I already mentioned Sunset Cafe in Oia in my Part 1 post. It's a great place to watch the sunset and the salmon comes topped with a wasabi cream sauce. So good. Tavern by the Sea on Kamari Beach wasn't anything too special but we made friends with the beach boy so I have to recommend it. He was so sweet. It actually is a good spot for lunch if you just want some traditional Greek food. Plus you get free PADDED beach chairs and an umbrella if you eat there, so why not? 

Nightlife.
Although Santorini isn't known for the nightlife (Mykonos is a better option if that's what you are interested in) Perissa and the capital city of Fira have clubs that stay open late. My mom and I stuck around Kamari and checked out Albatross Beach Club one night which had a pretty good DJ. Nice atmosphere if you just want to sit and chill with friends and have some great drinks. 

Shopping.
Literally the island is completely geared toward tourists (not in a bad way) so for shopping there are, no exaggeration, hundreds of shops. We explored several along the beach in Kamari and on the cliffs of Oia. Of course, my favorite was all the beautiful jewelry! Greece is know for the famous evil eye symbol which has been something I've always been interested in so I definitely stocked up on some bracelets and a necklace to ward off those evil thoughts that might come my way ;)

That's all I got! I hope you enjoyed my Santorini recaps. Next week I'm onto my reviews of my new home away from home, Firenze!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-43004570-1