Thursday, October 1, 2015

October Small Goals: 2015

SeptemberApril-35
Happy October! October is one of my favorite months so to celebrate its arrival I've decided to do my very first goals post... Or at least my first ever goals post that has some sort of structure and will become a monthly thing around here. Nicole does a small goals post each month and I always look forward to reading. Last month she encouraged her readers to link up with her and share their goals as well so I decided to give it a shot!

I have a lot planned for this month. A trip to Nashville for a wedding and also a trip to New Orleans for Voodoo Fest. And then there's that project I keep hinting at that I can't really talk about yet which has got me super busy... but more on that come November, I promise!

So, mainly because of said project, I have a bunch of very large goals for October but that's not what this post is about. It's supposed to be about small, easily attainable goals, right?! I guess it can really be whatever I want it to be so that's what I'll go with. So, without further ado, here are my October small goals.

Finish reading Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari.
I think I'm about half way through and my friends and I are having a book club meet up at the beginning of November to discuss it so I really need to get this one done anyway. With my two trips this month I think I'll have plenty time to read while I'm in route. I'm loving it so far.

Have a thrifting day at a few Goodwills/Savers in town.
I've been wanting to do this for a long time. My love for vintage clothing has been on a steady incline for pretty much my whole life so I need to get back into this habit. I used to be really into Goodwill in college but have gotten away from it in the past few years. Plus it sure wouldn't hurt to save a little more money when buying clothes! 

Get back to practicing yoga.
I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I haven't gone to yoga since before I went to Europe. So if you do the math... well actually don't do the math. It's not important. I'm going at least a few times this month! 

Clean out my closet.
I have this rule where once I've run out of spare hangers, instead of just going and buying more, I like to do a closet purge. Well, I've run out of hangers. It's time. And it's about that time to make room for fun new winter clothes anyway. 

Schedule and go to a dentist appointment.
I know this is boring but I really need to do this and I keep putting it off. Mainly because I don't have a dentist in Austin yet. I always go back to Louisiana for appointments. But I've been in Austin for over three years now. I may as well get one here. This was one of the only things I didn't do that I had on a long list of "to-dos" before I left for Europe so maybe if I put it here I will actually remember and finally get it done.

Yay! I'm really looking forward to holding myself accountable for these. I got this! What are some of your small goals? And again, if you are interested in sharing your blog post head over to Nicole's blog to link up with us.

Bloglovin, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-43004570-1