Tuesday, October 20, 2015

To Do in Nashville, TN

Nashville_April

As you may have known I went to Nashville last weekend for a friend's wedding. What you may not have known was that I fell in love while I was there... With Nashville, of course. Don't be getting any ideas, y'all. I'm not quite that impulsive (smirk face emoji). Anyway, I spent about five days there and did a lot so I thought I'd share a few of my favorite spots from my new favorite city with you!

for breakfast.
Barista Parlor - I had THE BEST sausage biscuit with jelly at this place. They also have amazing coffee (that vanilla latte, though) plus the atmosphere is great and the music is on point. They played the entire Lord Huron Lonesome Dreams album and I just about couldn't.

for lunch.
Hattie B's Hot Chicken - Apparently Nashville is kinda famous for this thing called hot chicken. I'd actually never heard of it until recently but it's basically fried chicken made at varying degrees of spiciness- mild, medium, hot or extra hot. I got the hot because I'm from Louisiana and I can handle it. And I did. No problem. And y'all, it was real real good.

for dinner.
Urban Grub - This is supposedly a locals favorite. Our server was superb and my oysters and salmon were wonderful. Plus they had blue cheese olives. There's nothing better than that. And for dessert... vanilla bean donuts that literally melt in your mouth. So maybe I take back that statement about the olives. There is pretty much nothing better than vanilla bean donuts with bacon toffee cream cheese ice cream on top. Yes, you read that right.

for a treat.
Las Paletas - Who doesn't love Popsicles?? They literally have every flavor you could imagine. I got raspberry lime. It was delicious. Plus this place is on 12th Avenue South which is a super cool strip in town featuring lots of restaurants, bars, shopping and even a quiet park for lounging after a long day of exploring the city.

for drinks.
The Patterson House - I'd classify this place as sort of a modern day speak easy. It's one of those extra cool places where the bartenders are called mixologists and I'm all about it because I probably had one of the best cocktails I've ever had here. A real fancy take on a traditional Pimm's Cup and I drank it in about 20 seconds. They only have a limited amount of seating and you have to put your name down and wait a bit but it's totally worth it. Once you are inside it's not too crowded, not too loud. Just right for a mellow evening with friends.

for gifts.
White's Mercantile - This was by far my favorite spot I went to during my trip. Not only did they have really awesome gifts from lots of local brands, but on the day I was there they happened to be having a special pop-up event going on. Nashville based t-shirt company Y'allsome (great name!) was out front selling their merch plus there were free drinks and free live music. AND the Hattie B's Hot Chicken food trailer was there. It was the best event I've accidentally stumbled upon, like ever.

for jeans.
 imogene + willie - I've heard a lot about this shop around the instagram world so I had to go check it out. They are best know for their very high quality denim. And yes, I bought a pair. Jeans are a staple piece in my opinion so I usually will spend the extra money on them and these are definitely worth the larger price tag.

for shopping.
Pre To Post Modern Vintage - I did a good bit of shopping in Nashville and this pretty vintage shop was my favorite. The vintage clothing was very well selected and the prices were great. Nothing was over $25. They also had great mid-century modern furniture. There were a few pieces I was so tempted to snag if it weren't for the fact that I didn't have a good way to get them home!

for a haircut.
Local Honey - Yes, I'm fancy and decided to randomly get a haircut when I was there. My roommate and I were working at the Barista Parlor and saw this salon across the way. I first noticed from outside the window that there were clothes hanging in inside... vintage clothes. So, naturally I had to go in and check it out. When I went inside I realized it was not only a vintage clothing store (great vintage at great prices BTW) but it was also a hair salon. I REALLY needed a trim and since I had a wedding in a couple days... I figured why not?! I got an awesome wash, trim, and style! Plus bought some real cute vintage. Win, win.

for fun.
Pinewood Social - I have to be honest, I didn't actually get to go here but literally everyone I asked about Nashville recommended it so I couldn't leave it out. It's a restaurant, bar, bowling alley, pool hall. It seems to have a little bit of everything for pretty much anyone to enjoy. It's definitely on my list for next time and I'll jump on the bandwagon and say you should check it out too!

Have you ever been to Nashville? What have you done that I may have missed but should check out? I'm definitely going back and hopefully soon. I loved it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-43004570-1