Thursday, January 28, 2016

Mixing Vintage With Modern: 1990s Knit Sweater

Sweater_Knit_1990s
Photos by me

Last week I posted an intro about a new series I'll be featuring every couple weeks here on the blog called Mixing Vintage with Modern. Here's the first installment!

Vintage Item: 1990s Chunky Knit Sweater 
Found at a thrift store in Pacific Grove, California.

Occasion #1: Dinner with friends.
Sweater_Dinner_1
Vintage Sweater, Ily Couture Plaid Blanket Scarf, Banana Republic Coat (similar) , H&M Jeans, Rag & Bone Booties, Cleobella Bag (similar)

I don't know about you but when I go out for dinner with friends 9 times out of 10 it's pretty casual. I find that adding a pair of booties and some skinny jeans makes this outfit perfect for an evening out with the girls.

Occasion #2: Running errands.
Sweater_Errands_1
Vintage Sweater, Topshop Jacket (similar), AG Jeans (similar), Converse Shoes, Canvas Tote Bag from a music festival (similar), Interlaced Goods Scarf, Ray-Ban Sunglasses

This is how you would most often see me wearing this sweater. The #1 rule when running errands is comfort, right?! So, flat shoes are a must. I also like to carry a tote rather than a purse just in case I end up picking up something that needs to be stowed away easily while I run other errands. Plus, sometimes it's nice if I want to bring a water bottle, snack, deodorant, etc.

 Occasion #3: Coffee date.
Sweater_Coffee_1
Vintage Sweater, Forever 21 Dress (seen here as a skirt) and Denim Jacket (similar), Black Booties (similar), Urban Outfitters Tote, Brixton Hat, Black Tights, Storie in Italy Necklace

When I'm meeting up with a friend for coffee, ever though it's usually a casual occasion, I still like to feel cute and put together. Adding a hat and a pair of fringe booties accomplishes this without being too dressed up. I also always like to bring my computer bag with my laptop in tow just in case I want to stick around after to get some work done!

Let me know in the comments what you think of this post! I had so much fun putting it together so I hope you enjoyed it. I'll have another one of these coming up in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-43004570-1